1. Detoured by Flu! In the middle of a very busy time I got sidetracked by the flu. It was a miserable, long beastie, and it's still lingering. Trick or Treat in the rain last night didn't help. I missed a few Friday Fives (and some fun friend and life related things too!)
2. Crafterella and Cut Out and Keep interview. The crafty super girl above was done for Cut Out & Keep's Crafterella gallery. She also puts together a really fun interview. Cat invited me to make my own twist on her super crafty super hero and I had fun putting her in a kid's Halloween world. Cat inspired me to make that jack-o-lantern too. With a little bit of black paint and some toothpicks to hold the ears on it was a cinch!
3. Go big bigger biggest. I've been trying to ignore that voice that tells me 'Oh, that sounds too hard.' when coming up with illustration ideas. I feel like every time I ignore that voice I'm pushing myself harder and find myself much happier with my work.
4. Starboy by the Weeknd. I usually find a song that gets my pen moving right away. Right now, it's Starboy and I've been overplaying it big time. Hopefully I'll find a new jam before I burn this one out.
5. Ghosts! Narwhals! Harry Potter! and Trayaurus, oh my! So many good books are going around my house. My son was really excited to get Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea by Ben Clanton and Trayaurus and the Enchanted Chrystal by Dan TDM, illustrated by Doreen Mulryan. I was thrilled to get ahold of Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier at our library - another beautiful, rich story by Raina. And together, my son and I have been reading the first Harry Potter. Perfect reading for the Halloween season!