1. Fall things have been done. I made the gluten free mini apple cider doughnuts. They were DELICIOUS. And very mini. But even better, I got to chaperone my daughter's Kindergarten class field trip to Applecrest Farm. It was cold but sunny and beautiful. The kids sang, picked apples, learned about cider making, fed some animals, and had a wild hayride. The kids and the foliage were spectacular.
2. Michelle! If you haven't watched Michelle Obama's speech this week, you really must make the time. So powerful! I wish I had been there in person. Then move on to number three for your evening entertainment...
3. Friday Night Movie: Mascots! It's been a wild week since last Friday, amiright? I'm totally ready for a less fraught rah-rah, the latest Christopher Guest mockumentary.
4. Don't be a dummy. Be a SMART dummy. I wrote a post for Dani Duck's Smart Dummies challenge. I hope it was helpful and inspiring - go check it out here.
5. Write it down! I was really inspired by Teri Weidner's author talk this week. I was reflecting on the long, long journey I've been on to become an author/illustrator. And then lightning struck and a whole workshop popped into my head. I wrote in my head until I got home and had time to type it up (on my phone, because that's how I roll). But anyway - don't let those flashes flicker away. Write them down. I might not have a chance to propose a workshop for another 10 months, but when the time is right I'll have it down.