1. SMALL is a Bank Street Books Best Children's Book of 2018 selection. Wow! I am so honored to have my debut make this esteemed list. I hope that it brings a bigger audience to SMALL. I just enjoyed a lovely book event at Wellesley Books this weekend, and was reminded once again how this book can empower all types of kids. A big thank you to my agent, Teresa Kietlinski and my editor, Jenna Pocius for believing in the power of SMALL and helping it become a real book in the world.
2. TOO MUCH! NOT ENOUGH! won't be out until mid-August, but a review is out today from Publisher's Weekly. It actually has a lovely reviews from Story Monsters Ink (p55), University of Manitoba, and Picture Book Sleuth as well. I have lots of surprises up my sleeve to celebrate Peanut and Moe's launch into the world, just you wait!
3. GIVEAWAY! To celebrate the one year anniversary of IT'S GREAT BEING A DAD in the world, I am hosting a giveaway on Amazon through Friday at midnight. It's super easy to enter - I hope you'll go check it out, here. P.S Happy Unicorn Day! (Thank you for the cute graphic, Tundra!)
4. On my desk I am working on another book for Tundra books (dream life, I swear!). When the time is right I will reveal the title, but for now I will just tease it by saying it's so much fun to be drawing these two friends again... I'm also doing a fun Halloween-y assignment for Highlights and waiting on a few last bits from the middle-grade project to wrap up. Happy to be busy!
5. Still spinning! One of my 2018 resolutions was to try a spin class (I know, I'm like a decade off trend). I started in February and it's totally my jam. I think it's the combo of a childhood love of bikes, a great instruction who pushes us every class, and blaring music. I'm often sitting at my desk for longer work stretches because I'm afraid to get up for the leg pains!