1. SMALL! Tomorrow is July 1st which means my debut picture book, SMALL will be out in exactly one month. The swag has been rolling in I'll be spending the next few weeks in marketing mode. The blog is about to get very busy!
2. Tote-ally amazing art. See what I did there? Tundra asked it's book artist to create one-of-a-kind art on their very cool totes for an auction. All proceeds go to IBBY, a non-profit that connects children and books all over the world. I enjoyed making my bubbly unicorn piece and just feel honored to be in this crowd. Go browse the beautiful pieces and throw down a bid or two (or three). I won't pick favorites, but I've been eyeing totes from Ben Clanton, Rebecca Green, Chihiro Takeuchi, Mélanie Watt, and Raphaëlle Barbanègre. The auction runs until July 28th.
3. School's out for Summah! We celebrated the end of school with a few days of Maine goodness. It was the perfect break. Especially because I got my traditional lobster tacos. Thank you, Home Kitchen Cafe. And on August 19th I will be back for the 12th Annual Children's Book-Fair-by-the-Sea.
Wow. Right? It's an absolute honor to be part of this lineup.
4. Now I know about the log lady. Somehow, my husband and I had never watched Twin Peaks. With the new episodes out, we decided to jump in the way-back machine and watch quirky TV from the early 90's. We each take turns watching an episode while the other one falls asleep and filling the other one in the next night. I'm not really sure why we are still watching it (we are more than halfway through season two) but it feels like we are sticking with it until the bitter end. We did enjoy fast forwarding through the opening one night and realizing that it just made it normal speed. Call it meditation via slow, cheesy TV, but it's our current jam.
5. How-to-Draw... The response to the How-to-Draw printables was so awesome I plan on adding to the group. I think mermaids, dragons, and gnomes are a must. Any other suggestions?