Is it Friday again already? OK, here comes the sharing:
1. Check out my new co-workers! Thanks to my sister Kathy, Red and Gobo will look on with shocked expressions while I draw. Maybe one day I can impress them... It makes me want to dig through my parent's attic to find my childhood Doozer. What's that? You've never seen Fraggle Rock? Here.
2. Go sign up for LoobyLu's Small List. Then you can get an email each Friday from one of my favorite people and a peek into her awesome world. Back when I was an art director and longing to be an illustrator, Claire was one of my favorite inspiring artists - she still is.
3. I finished up sketches for a page of jokes in Spider magazine. You can see a smidge of an early sketch in that picture above. It was super fun to puzzle out pictures to go along with the jokes.
4. Now is the time for me to learn all about book marketing. I've spent so long working on writing and illustrating - here comes something totally different! I need to learn all about creating marketing materials, booking events and signings, possibly making book trailers. Phew. It's going to take a village and more than a few cups of tea.
5. I still haven't taken the kids apple picking! There is no forgiving this. It's September in New Hampshire. I did however buy a mini donut pan and fully intend on making these gluten-free apple cider donuts. I've been watching my family gobble up fresh donuts from the farm stand for too long!