I'm going to TRY and blog a bit more - maybe five things happening in my world each Friday?
1. I FINALLY ordered new postcards. See Witchy-poo up there? That's your sneak peek! Coming to mailboxes in early October. I am still using gotprint.com because they are really the best.
2. I finished my debut as author/illustrator, Small over the summer. I am SO proud of it and really can't wait to share it with everyone. Doing two books, back to back, over the summer when your two kids don't have enough scheduled summer camps was exhausting. Which leads me to...
3. I went to Hawaii! To celebrate our 10th anniversary and joint 40th birthdays this year, we went back to our honeymoon spot. And brought the kids. It was magical. It totally unwound me from my summer of too much work.
4. I am working out like a beast! I've been soaking up everything Betty Rocker - I love her vibe and I'm sore a few times a week thanks to her awesome videos. I finally tried Bikram with a friend and really liked it. I've been a machine about work while the kids were at school but now that it's 5 full days a week I'm trying to shift gears and make time for me.
5. I loved reading Boy by Roald Dahl. It's an autobiography of his earliest years and the stories are absolutely unbelievable. We live in such a different time - it was nice to escape to his world with all the insight and humor of Dahl but with a more subdued adult voice.