1. Same place, different season We've been exploring mid-coast Maine for many, many years. I don't think we'll ever run out of new places to visit. It's a beautiful place. Sadly, we didn't get a chance to visit all year until just before Thanksgiving. It was a bit later in the fall than we are used to so it was fun to note how different the same places looked. The greenery behind the house was totally gone and I managed to spot a huge deer bounding through the yard a few times. A nice reminder that things are always changing if you just look long enough. The photo is on the way down from Beech Hill Preserve in Rockport, Maine. If you time it right, you can buy the BEST organic blueberries picked from here at the base of the hill. Otherwise, it's a very quick walk to the top. Easy enough that we've been doing it as a family since our youngest was just two.
2. Tis the season to buy art Travis Jonker at 100scope notes posted an amazing A-Z list of children's book artists shops where you can buy art. What a nice surprise to be on his list! Go browse and see what lovely thing you'd like to give this season. My shop is here, with a special link for 20% off + free shipping through this weekend.
3. Slowcooker Tacos I'm getting into that chauffeur age with my kids, taking them to activities when I would otherwise be prepping dinner. Since tacos are a staple food for us, I found a great slowcooker taco recipe that everyone loves - set it and forget it, people!
4. Monkeys! Remember those monkeys from a few weeks back? I got a great monkey assignment from that (and other past monkey things, I do love monkeys). It's also a reminder that I need to make more time for non-work work. I finally got Jennifer Orkin Lewis' Draw Everyday Draw Every Way book, now I need to make time to play!
5. Ready, set, crochet! I haven't crocheted anything in a really long time. It's a combination of a lack of time and enthusiasm. But my old winter hat is terribly ratty. It took a few weeks to find the 'just right' yarn, my hooks, and my trusty handbook (A to Z Crochet - it's THE best resource). I won't promise a new hat selfie next Friday...*maybe* two Fridays from now.