1. 2017 is going to the dogs Weiner dogs! I am so proud of our beautiful Bookmark Literary agency calendar (Thank you, Teresa and all you super talented clients!). So proud, that I am giving an extra copy away. Just leave a comment here and I will pick one winner on Friday, December 23rd. My piece for February is below.
2. Picture the Books I am also proud to share that I am part of an exciting group of 2017 debut picture book authors and illustrators. Go visit Picture the Books and/or follow them on twitter and instagram to catch all the new releases!
3. Hamilton Mixtape Oh, my gosh. I am definitely the last person to 'discover' Hamilton. BUT! I feel less behind the crowd listening to the November release of the Hamilton Mixtape. My favorites so far are Regina Spektor and Ben Fold's Dear Theodosia and Immigrants (Rogue One's Riz MC is in there too!)
4. Chickpea stew This is my new go-to warm-up nutrition-up batch-meal recipe. It's a bit of prep and saute, then off it goes into the crockpot. Yum! recipe here.
5. Hat selfie! Guys! I actually made a hat for me, and both of my kids since that last post. I credit bulky yarn. The kids were so excited about the poms on top that we'll be making more poms just for fun after school today.