1. It's all about me, me me. Well, November 1st was Self Portrait Day. And I've been meaning to make new business cards. So here's illustrated me. With my Jonathan Adler face mug, a taco, a book, my little toy truck, a Pentel e-sharp mechanical pencil, a pineapple, acorns and leaves. And a rainbow. Why not?
2. This week hurt. Literally. I was finally over that flu and dove back into exercise. I even tried a new hot power yoga studio this morning. I chased the pain with a new smoothie recipe I've been saving: coffee lover's protein smoothie (full disclosure: I added a smidge of swiss miss)
3. Baby baby baby. I spent a solid day making baby photo albums. What's that? No, I don't have babies anymore. They are school age but mommy was so busy trying to start her author/illustrator career that she didn't have time to make your albums. Thanks to a recommendation from Laura Zarrin, I used Mixbook to create a few books. It was actually FUN.
4. Sometimes, your ideas are stinkers. I started my first new business card last week. It was going to be double-sided. Business Monkey and Party Monkey. I like the monkeys. But it just wasn't working. So now I have some vertical monkeys and nothing to do but share them with you!
5. Is it Sunday yet? Listen, I'm thrilled that it's Friday. But lately I keep counting the days until Sunday because of Westworld. It's not Mr. Robot or The Leftovers, but it's the best thing on TV at the moment (you know, says me). And pair it with a podcast from my favorite Lost podcasters and I have days of entertainment and theorizing. Go listen to Westworld with Jay, Jack, and Mike. Geek rant over.