What a Friday!
1. Look at today's mail! It is going to be a very long wait to share this book with everyone. It's Great Being a Dad comes out in April 2017. It was just about a year ago that I was imagining up these characters - and now it's a real thing to hold. Imagine that!
2. Never underestimate the power of music. I made a promo piece this week involving a bunch of dancing dogs. So of course I watched Dance Off by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis about 10 times. This sweet little Boston Terrier was probably listening to Taylor Swift though.
3. October 'tis the season for witches. My friend Jen pointed out a new podcast, Witch Hunt about the Salem Witch trials. Episode one, a little history on the European Witch hunt, was good. Go check it out if you're looking for a little drawing or dishwashing entertainment.
4. Don't forget to be brave! I went to a one day workshop last month in Maine called Agents Editors Writers. A group of writers sat at tables with one agent or editor and bravely read their stories. I read a picture book. It got laughs! (don't worry, it was a funny story). It was a good day and if I listened to my inner critic, I might have missed out.
5. Go listen to my friend Teri Weidner talk about her books. The Author-to-Author series is hosted by the Portsmouth Public Library. Come say hi to me too if you go!